Yes, we see you!
Life and leadership development programs for future visionaries and world changers
Majors Leadership is a registered nonprofit organization based in Seattle, Washington. As a life and leadership development program created for girls, teens and women of color, our intention is to provide the safe space, guidance and resources for them to define, perceive and powerfully express themselves as leaders. MORE
We envision a society where every girl and woman is powerfully positioned and
equipped to make the best choices for her self and her life.
Michelle's Research on African American Girls and Leadership
Me? A Leader?
An Examination of African American Girls and their Perceptions of Leadership
Until recently, there has been very little research conducted on African American girls and the concept of leadership. With a preponderance of existing literature focusing on issues such as teenage pregnancy, obesity, high school dropout rates and violence among urban African American girls, I set out to conduct research that would provide a healthy view of African American girls as leaders and agents of change. The purpose of this study was to give them a voice to share how they come to define, perceive, and express themselves as leaders. One hundred percent of respondents acknowledged the importance of mentors, safe confidential spaces and opportunities/access to resources that would aid in their ability to succeed as leaders.
The I.D.E.A.L. Model of Leadership
- The power of the mind or IMAGINATION is what allows us to be able to attract what we desire.
- Only when we have a clear DESTINATION can we truly began to take ordered, intentional steps
- When we are surrounded by people who hold high EXPECTATIONS of us, we are more likely to meet those expectations.
- Until we are truly ACCOUNTABLE for our lives, we will never be able "lead our ship" to the destination we envisioned.
- When actions are done in LOVE - we all win
Dr. Michelle Majors